How do you become a certified lifeguard?
To become certified as a Lifeguarding instructor, instructor candidates must:
- Successfully complete the Online Session.
- Successfully complete the Prerequisite Session.
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the four practice-teaching assignments.
How do I become a pool lifeguard NSW?
How to become a Lifeguard
- For Pool Lifeguards at a swimming pool or aquatic facility, obtain your Royal Life Saving Pool Lifeguard certificate. …
- For Surf Lifeguards, attain a vocational qualification such as a Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) (PUA21012), or your Surf Life Saving Bronze Medallion.
Is being a lifeguard easy?
It won’t be easy (after all you are looking at water ALL day long and there is a lot of training to with it), but it will be a great experience for you for sure! Very much so. Being a Lifeguard is a composit of many skills. … You cant buy that kind of skill, you have to earn it.
What skills do you need to be a lifeguard?
- Ability to inspire confidence and calm in the face of a crisis.
- Ability to enforce swimming pool rules in a considerate but firm manner.
- Good eyesight.
- Excellent powers of concentration; lifeguards must remain alert.
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently in a life threatening situation.
What does AED training mean?
automated external defibrillator
How much do Bondi lifeguards make?
Bosses of the award-winning documentary series, which has run for seven series and appears in 13 countries, have admitted that all 33 of the lifeguards appear on a “gratis” basis and apparently only receive on average a $60,000 (Â£40,000) salary per year.
What do you learn in lifeguard training?
You’ll be trained enough to become a competent worker who can face challenges easily and takes prompt action during an emergency. In lifeguard certification courses, the skills mostly taught are personal survival, rescue, surveillance, safety and much more. By the end of classes you will learn all those skills.
Do Bondi lifeguards work year round?
Bondi and Bronte beaches are patrolled 365 days a year. Tamarama Beach is not patrolled in the winter time.
Why are lifeguards so attractive?
But that is not actually their main concern. It is not why they are lifeguards. … Lifeguards are fun to hook up with (in the Snack Shack), they’re attractive, their jobs put little stress on them so they are light-hearted and fun-loving, and they might be able to snag you some free Laffy Taffys (from the Snack Shack).
Do you have to be skinny to be a lifeguard?
Lifeguards are required to be capable of doing their job. As long as you can pass the swim requirement and demonstrate that you can perform all types of rescues at your facility, you can be a lifeguard. I’m not necessarily a “fit” dude.
Is being a lifeguard boring?
1) Lifeguarding is one of the most boring and stressful job ever. Sitting in a chair and staring attentively at water for hours a day is not anyone’s idea of fun, worthwhile work. Sometimes, you get stuck guarding a pool with only one person in it.
How do I prepare for a lifeguard interview?
Before the lifeguard job interview begins, take a few deep breaths and relax. Being calm will be important for a successful interview, but it will also show the recruitment officer that you can stay calm and focused in a stressful situation. Display good manners and be polite.
What should a lifeguard put on resume?
Responsibilities highlighted on example resumes of Lifeguards include observing and organizing the activities of swimmers, enforcing applicable pool policies and regulations, rescuing swimmers in distress, and providing emergency care.