Do it yourself pool deck repair?
Table of Contents
- Step 1: Shot-Blast the Pool Deck.
- Step 2: Repair Any Cracks.
- Step 3: Pressure-Wash the Surface.
- Step 4: Mask Off the Area.
- Step 5: Spray On Micro-Topping.
- Step 6: Spray Color Stain on Coping.
- Step 7: Stain the Pool Deck.
Can Kool Deck be repaired?
Although Kool Deck systems provide improved expansion and contraction of surface elements over regular cement, they can still crack over time and require repairs. You can fix cracks in your Kool Deck with the aid of a Kool Deck patch kit, available through the Mortex Corp.
How much does it cost to repair pool deck?
So, if your pool deck is averagely sized at around 700-800 square feet and you’re seeking a basic concrete overlay, you might be looking at around $3,000-$4,000. If you’re seeking a more decorative job involving cutting and staining, then you might be looking more at $5,000-$6,000.
How do you restore a concrete pool deck?
How to resurface a pool deck (installation)
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous. …
- Clean & Prime. Pressure wash and let surface thoroughly dry. …
- Mix Product. …
- Apply overlay. …
- Add Patterns & Texture. …
- Cure & Seal.
What is the best paint for concrete pool deck?
Best Paints For Concrete Pool Decks of 2020 – Reviews
- 10KILZ Concrete & Garage Floor Paint. …
- 9KILZ Over Armor Textured Coating. …
- 8KILZ Slip-Resistant Decorative Paint. …
- 7Encore Coating Cool! …
- 6INSL-X Sure Step Anti-Slip Coating. …
- 5Liquid Rubber Polyurethane Deck Coating. …
- 4Olympic Non-Slip Deck & Patio Coating. …
- 3Dyco 5-Gallon Low-Sheen Pool Deck.
How much does it cost to resurface Kool Deck?
Resurfacing usually costs anywhere from $3 to $8 per square foot, depending on the condition of the concrete, your location, and the color, pattern and texture you select. In order to get a more accurate estimate, we recommend seeking quotes from several local companies.
How long does Kool Deck last?
Can you pressure wash Kool Deck?
Pressure wash your Kool deck. Fill the washer with standard pressure washing detergent and spray the entire Kool deck using a 15- to 25-degree spray tip pointed downward at a 90-degree angle. You can rent a pressure washer from certain home supply stores if you do not own one.
Can you paint over cool deck?
Paint can fill up the texturing in the cool deck and make it slippery, which is not a good thing around a pool. … Pool chlorine also will bleach the color from the paint, leaving little white spots all over your deck. Concrete stain has some of the drawbacks of paint but overall is a better choice.
What is the cheapest pool decking?
Poured concrete is the most popular – and usually most affordable – pool decking material. Concrete pool decks can be either broom finished or stamped.
How do I fix a crack in my pool deck?
The most popular solution for older pool decks with cracks is installing 1-inch-thick interlocking pavers on top of the deck. Because the pavers are not cemented to the deck, they are unaffected by the movement of the concrete deck. Installing pavers can make a cracked deck look new.
How do you repair a crack in a concrete pool deck?
HOW TO FIX CRACKS IN YOUR CONCRETE POOL DECK
- Chisel out the crack to remove loose pieces of concrete.
- Clean the debris, including all dust and chips with a broom, shop vac or air compressor.
- Apply filler directly into cracks, checking periodically to see if it has settled.
- Allow the filler to cure over a 24-hour period.