How do you take down an Intex pool?
How to Drain & Store an Intex Pool
- Check your pool chemistry levels to be sure that you are not draining water that may contain very low pH or very high chlorine levels. …
- Locate the drain valve on the outside of the pool. …
- Connect the female end of a garden hose to the drain connector and you can now drain the pool completely.
Do you have to take down Intex pools in the winter?
In climates where temperatures drop below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, Intex recommends you disassemble and store your pool. Temperatures at these levels can cause ice damage to the pool. Disassemble and store the pool in the fall when temperatures drop and you are no longer using the pool.
How long do Intex Easy Set pools last?
Above ground pools last about 10 years on average.
Some cheap pools can last less than 1 day when not taken care of, while some better-built pools can last up to 20 years when taken care of in the right climate.
How do I get the last 2 inches of water out of my pool?
How to Drain Last Bit of Water from Pool
- Drop the intake hose of the pump into the water as close to the pool’s center as possible.
- Place the outlet hose of the pump somewhere your property away from the swimming pool. …
- Turn the pool pump on.
How do you drain a small pool?
The easy way to lighten your load is to siphon out most of the water before you dump the pool.
- Get an old garden hose. Do not use the couplings. …
- Skim off leaves, bugs or any floating junk that might clog the hose. Decide where on the deck or yard you want the water to drain. …
- Submerge the hose completely in the water.
How long does it take to drain an Intex pool?
Can you leave pool empty over winter?
It can be surprising to learn that you should not leave your swimming pool empty. Most guidelines for closing a pool will advise to just lower the level of water below the skimmer and jet level. This is done to ensure that the plumbing lines remain clear and are not left at risk for bursting or freezing.
How long do soft sided pools last?
In the past 7-10 years big box stores began selling inflatable soft sided pools which in turn gave way to metal frame soft sided pools. These pools are inexpensive and usually only last through 1 -2 swimming seasons.
Can I leave my above ground pool uncovered in winter?
No, but winter covers protect your pool from stains, algae growth and poor water balance that could damage pool surfaces. … However, if you want to close the pool, but keep it uncovered all winter, or if you need to delay purchasing a new cover until next fall – here are the steps we took to do it for our customer above.
How much shock do I put in my Intex pool?
In addition to your everyday chlorination of your Intex Pool, you may have heard of ‘Shocking the Pool’. This refers to raising the chlorine level above 10 ppm by adding a granular chlorine powder, known as Pool Shock. Add 2 oz. per 1,000 gallons of pool water.31 мая 2018 г.
Do I need to shock my Intex pool?
We recommend shocking Intex pools every week, especially if you’re having a heat wave or heavy rains. Heat and excess water can knock your chlorine levels to sub-par levels pretty quickly. Use a pool shock with at least 70% available chlorine, and run your filtration system after you shock your pool.